Friday, May 16, 2008

Visiting friends and the Next Door Cat

Well, today was a big day for us...

but before I go on, I just have to say that we've had a very busy couple of years, hence why I haven't posted for a while. I was waiting for something momentous to start our blog up again, but then a friend pointed out if I waited for it to be perfect, it would never happen, and she's right, so here we go again.

... anyway, the big moment was that Ciara went and visited a wee friend, on her own, and she had a ball! I have a bad cold, so when we were invited to Z's house I didn't feel up to it, but Ciara did. So Isabella and I dropped her off for a couple of hours. Five hours (and one phonecall) later she eventually arrived home, with blue paint on her nose, a big smile, and a full tummy. I'm not sure what they ate, but Z tells me 'they ate all day' and she didn't eat much dinner here. Funny that. No doubt Z's food was so much more interesting than ours.

Now, the Next Door Cat.

I looked out the window, to see Jack, the cat from next door - who spends all day here - jumping into the compost bin. I wondered why because soggy old porridge, ripped up envelopes and vegetable peelings doesn't seem very appealing to me, even for a scrounging cat, but I soon saw why. Seconds after jumping in, he jumped out again, with a mouse in his mouth. Both the girls were eating dinner, so I decided to postpone any conversations about Jack eating our mice, and other than taking a quick walk outside to confirm my suspicions I said nothing. I suppose I should be happy that we haven't got a mouse infestation, but I did feel a bit sorry for the poor wee thing.

No comments: