Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Balmy autumn days.

We've had a great day today enjoying some unseasonably warm May weather. This morning I popped both girls in the Chariot and went on a big bike ride to the wool shop. I bought some yummy wool for a couple of birthday pressies, we admired LOTS of wool, then the girls got back into the Chariot and I biked towards home.

It's quite a loooong way to the wool shop! I know that now.

Half way home - once all the busy roads were crossed - we hopped off again to have a picnic. Isabella was asleep, so we left her sleeping in the Chariot and Ciara and I just hung out by the river enjoying our picnic, the view and the peace. Ciara kept asking why there was no-one else there. I wondered the same thing. It was so beautiful, I couldn't believe there weren't more people out enjoying the day.

We had a lovely chilled afternoon tidying up, pottering around cooking a vegan dinner, and playing with some balls. Oh, and I knitted up a storm trying to finish Brendan's slippers so that I can start on my new wool.

No comments: